Call Now To Order!!!
Little League News
- 2014 Little League® Baseball and Softball Photo Contest - Update: Winners Announced!
- Enter the 2015 Little League Baseball® World Series Ticket Lottery to Watch the Championship Game Live in South Williamsport, Pa.
- Pennsylvania Historical Museums Commission Grant Supports the Addition of New Features and Audio Tour at the World of Little League®
Who's OnlineWe have 2 guests online
|Solid Effort by LHU Falls Short in Loss to Lakers|
|Monday, 08 October 2012 07:21|
ERIE, Pa. – Despite a tremendous defensive effort on the road, the Lock Haven University football team fell to Mercyhurst, 19-10 Saturday in PSAC West action after the Lakers rallied for a late fourth-quarter touchdown to put the game away.
Lock Haven (0-6, 0-3 PSAC West) scored with just over 10 minutes to play in the game, making it 13-10 in favor of Mercyhurst (5-1, 3-0 PSAC West), but the Lakers rallied late and went on a long drive that took over eight minutes and produced a touchdown with less than two minutes to play in the game.
Anthony Vendemia’s three-yard touchdown pass capped of a 15-play, 70 yard drive that took 8:13 and put the Lakers up 19-10 (PAT was blocked) with 1:47 to play.
LHU led 3-0 after a first quarter that proved to be a defensive battle, which set the tone for the rest of the game.
Noah Heimer’s (Lock Haven, Pa./Central Mountain) 36-yard field goal put LHU up 3-0 with 1:53 to go in the first quarter and it capped off a 12-play, 78-yard drive that ate up six minutes and thirty seconds.
It marked the first time since Week 3 in 2010 at Kutztown where LHU held a lead after the opening 15 minutes of play.
The Lakers tacked on 10 points in the third quarter and led 10-3 at halftime.
With 10:07 left in the game, Ian Smith (Waynesboro, Pa./Waynesboro) hauled in a five-yard TD pass from Jarrett Kratzer (Lewistown, Pa./Indian Valley) to make it a three-point game at 13-10 Mercyhurst.
The Lakes however responded with their big game-clinching drive.
Kratzer finished 13-for-20 for 138 yards.
Seven different players had a catch for the Bald Eagles including Jesse Hoover (Curwensville, Pa./Curwensville, who made three catches for 27 yards.
Brandon Brader (Bethlehem, Pa./Liberty) carried the ball 14 times for 43 yards in the loss.
The Bald Eagles defensive unit came up huge today and kept Lock Haven in the game. James Goins (Marion Heights, Pa./Mount Carmel) and George Christas (Dallastown, Pa./Dallastown) each made 11 tackles.
Ryan Good (Tower City, Pa./Williams Valley) and Tashawn Bunch (Kingston, Pa./Wyoming Valley West) each added eight tackles in an all-around solid outing.
MAC users need to load these
URL links in there
itunes or windows media player
Listen Live Stream #1
Listen Live Stream #2
Listen Live Stream #3
Listen Live Stream #4
Listen Live Stream #5
- HavenAthletics: Men’s Soccer & Women’s Soccer Supporter Scarves now on sale http://t.co/gPUdn1bA9u
- HavenAthletics: Hey #HavenNation here is LHU's Fan Photo of the Week. The Bald Eagles defeated Cheyney 15-7 in the last game of 2012. http://t.co/g1RABfIQKG
- HavenAthletics: 81 days & 39 minutes away from the 1st home event of the 2013 Fall season | #HavenNation | Check out the countdown @ http://t.co/ReGCXnghYk
- HavenAthletics: Allen & Krazter honored with Bill Byham Spirit in Sports Award at 6th annual Night of Champions Award Banquet http://t.co/lnJtGOVOwC
- HavenAthletics: RT @LFGfootballcamp: @ShipURaiders @HavenAthletics Very thankful that your coaches continue to come out and give us a hand on such a fun da…